.50 Cal USED Metal Original US Military Surplus M2A1 Ammo Can - Used, Fair Condition. Original US Military Surplus. 200 Cartridges. 7.62 MM, M13, Overhead Fire, 1 M62 .4 m80 lc-87J601l368 Printed On Front Of Ammo Can. GSA Compliant. Dimensions: 11" x 7" x 5.5".
The .50 Metal Ammo Can is also known as the M2A1 Ammunition Can was designed to hold link belts of 100 cartridges of .50 cal. ammunition for the M2 Browning machine gun, but it can also be utilized to transport and store many other ammo calibers and packaging.
The M2A1 ammunition box has been used by the U.S. military for small and medium caliber cartridges, for artillery fuses and more, including this partial list: Cartridge 5.56 mm bandoleers and linked, Cartridge 7.62 mm bandoleers and linked, Cartridge .30 caliber carbine, Cartridge .50 caliber linked, Cartridge .38 special, Cartridge 9mm (20 cartons of 50), Cartridge .45 ACP, Cartridge 12 gauge shotgun shell & Cartridge .22LR
Construction details of the M2A1 .50 Cal USED Metal Original US Military Surplus Ammo Can / Box:
- Steel material, seam welded
- Latch, hinge, handle spot welded to body
- End-opening lid with quick release hinge
- Quick release latch
- Rubber gasket under lid makes near waterproof seal when latched closed
- Flat sides and lid
- Metal bar handle attached to the lid by rectangular wire loops so it can fold flat for stacking or lift up for easy carry
- Lid skirts protect contents when lid is partially opened